This easy summer corn salad with jalapeño, juicy tomatoes, feta cheese and basil is pure summer goodness with every bite.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Corn. I used fresh corn but frozen corn can be used.
- Red onion. White onion or spring onion/scallions can be substituted.
- Tomatoes. I used halved cherry tomatoes but any ripe tomatoes can be substituted.
- Fresh basil.
- Feta cheese.
- Lemon juice.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE CORN SALAD
- Cook the corn: If using corn on the cob, boil or grill the corn until cooked then slice the kernels off the cobs. If using frozen corn, saute the corn in a hot pan to allow the corn to caramelize slightly. Place the corn in a large mixing bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Assemble: Chop the tomatoes, basil, red onion and jalapeños then add to the bowl with the corn. Dress with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine then transfer to a serving bowl.
CAN I MAKE THIS IN ADVANCE?
Yes, this salad is great made in advance. Only dress the salad and add the basil right before serving but you can make it up to a day in advance and keep it covered in the fridge.