Cajun salmon cooked in creamy garlic herb sauce is the most delicious 15 minute, one pan dinner recipe. Weeknight dinner, sorted!
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Salmon. I used skin-on salmon fillets. Any fish can be substituted.
- Olive oil.
- Cajun seasoning.
- Chilli flakes.
- Cream. Heavy or whipping cream.
- Lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SALMON
- Season the salmon. Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towel. Drizzle over the olive oil then season generously with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the salmon. Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the salmon, skin-side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp. Don’t be alarmed if there are blackened bits, the Cajun spice will caramelize. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside while you make the sauce.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SAUCE FOR SALMON
- Sauté the aromatics: In the same pan you cooked the salmon, melt the butter then add the garlic and herbs. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant then pour in the cream and lemon juice. Allow to simmer for a few minutes then season with salt and pepper.
- Finish: Add the salmon back to the sauce and allow to simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAJUN SALMON
- 10-minute lemon garlic sautéed broccolini
- Crispy salt and pepper smashed potatoes
- Easy green salad with lemon Parmesan dressing