I love this cherry tomato prosciutto pasta recipe for nights when I want something delicious to eat but don’t want to do any of the work.
Full recipe with amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Cherry tomatoes. Use any small tomato variety.
- Olive oil.
- Red wine vinegar.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pasta. I used pappardelle but you can use any pasta shape you have.
- Parmesan, to serve.
- Fresh basil.
- Garlic cloves.
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY TOMATO PROSCIUTTO PASTA
- Roast the tomatoes: Place the tomatoes in a deep roasting dish. Drizzle over the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the prosciutto and fresh basil. Place the dish in the oven and allow to roast for 20-30 minutes until the prosciutto is crisp and the tomatoes have softened.
- Make the basil drizzle: Combine basil, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. You can do this with an immersion blender too.
- Assemble: Cook pasta in a big pot of salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water and drain. Add the pasta to the tomatoes and prosciutto then add a splash of cooking water and toss to combine.
- Serve: Serve the pasta with the basil drizzle and lots of grated Parmesan cheese.